Production Technician (LMP - NEW FACILITY!)
Location: LMP - Mexico, MO 65265
This opening will be for our BRAND NEW FACILITY in Mexico, MO!!!
Work as a team to set up, operate and maintain large high pressure die casting machine cells to produce castings. Monitors the process and the quality of the product and makes necessary corrections to the process in order to maintain a steady flow of quality product to the customer. Assists the maintenance / tooling departments with repairing and maintaining die cast machines and die cast tooling.
1. Performs set up duties, including:
• Remove and set dies in the die casting machine, with overhead crane.
• Set up the die casting machine, trim press, shot end components, robotic ladling, and die spray systems.
• Set operational parameters on the machine and monitor. Make corrections as needed.
• Set up the work area and the trim press.
2. Operates the die casting machine and monitors machine functions, including:
• Monitor the product quality using required gages and inspection criteria.
• Monitor the process control systems.
• Repair and make adjustments to equipment as needed.
3. Performs inspection testing, gaging and quality checks of the product as required.
4. Safely operate tow motor to move material as required.
5. Deburrs and packs product as required.
6. Completes required paperwork correctly and neatly.
7. Locates and interprets control plans and keeps updated on revisions.
8. Follows proper machine startup and shutdown procedures.
9. Maintains a clean, safe work area, including performing assigned safety/housekeeping duties.
10. Assists with troubleshooting and problem-solving issues that a die cast machine may have.
11. Assists with repairs and maintenance of mechanical and hydraulic functions of the die cast machines.
12. Assists with preventive and predictive maintenance.
13. Removes impurities from furnaces (sludging) with long handled tools.
14. Maintains extensive working knowledge of all processes used in the plant.
15. Safely operates boom lift as required.
16. Assists with troubleshooting and problem-solving issues that a die cast tool or trim tool may have.
17. Assists with teardown and assembly of die cast and trim tools.
18. Assists with repairs of tooling requiring spare parts replacement or polishing.
19. Safely operates overhead crane to move tooling and components as required.
20. Follows Spartan’s core operating values and safety standards/requirements in all work and team activities.
Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Technical or Trade School Certificate or 2 – 3 years of relevant work experience in an industrial work environment
• Experience with welding, cutting, metal bending, hose building and Robotics
• Basic manufacturing equipment knowledge and experience