Performs accounting, financial analysis, budgeting and reporting activities for assigned plant location. As a member of the Finance team, participates in the attainment of department and company goals and demonstrates Spartan’s Core Operating Values through work activities, actions and behaviors.
1. Performs monthly general ledger journal entries and financial analysis and reporting in the areas of, costs of goods sold, tooling expense, budgeting, profitability, and others. Reviews general ledger for reasonableness and prepares casual analysis against budget and/or recast.
2. Performs inventory costing and management and production accounting functions.
3. Prepares, maintains, and distributes detailed weekly major program metrics spreadsheets and reports. Attends weekly meetings and assists in explaining performance drivers, key performance metrics and issues.
4. Reviews and analyzes plant financial statements to identify trends, risks, and opportunities to achieve financial targets. Assists plant with operational metrics that are linked to financials.
5. Performs a detailed review of all capital expenditures submitted for approval to determine financial reasonableness. Ensures funds have been identified in the capital plan.
6. Handles the preparation and communication of financials between plant management and corporate management.
7. Handles compliance reporting activities, including taxes, incentive programs, surveys, etc.
8. Monitors and maintains general ledger controls and internal controls to ensure controls are working properly in compliance with established procedures, GAAP and FAS. Maintains general ledger accounts and financial statement formats.
9. Acts as a resource to plant and corporate staff and leadership to assist with questions, problem resolution, and a resource for department information, policies, practices and procedures.
10. Provides assistance to department, and plant management, and completes assigned projects, as requested.
11. Contributes to and supports the existence of a positive work environment through personal involvement by communicating, interacting and behaving in a manner that promotes productive relationships with coworkers, supervisors, customers, vendors, and others with whom such relationships are important to the success of company operations.
12. Performs other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned.
No direct reports. Self-manages all areas of assigned responsibility, and provides guidance and training to others as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree
• 5+ years experience
• Supervisory experience
• CPA designation or in the process of attainment