Support Services Technician (LMP - NEW FACILITY!)
Location: LMP - Mexico, MO 65265
This opening will be for our BRAND NEW FACILITY in Mexico, MO!!!
Provides electrical, electronic, mechanical and hydraulic repair and maintenance support, including some fabrication. Performs various support activities for die maintenance and machine shop functions. Demonstrates Spartan’s core operating values and code of conduct through actions and behaviors.
This role will be for our BRAND NEW FACILITY in Mexico, MO!
1. Repairs and maintains electrical, electronic, mechanical and hydraulic functions of the operating die cast machines including preventive and predictive maintenance.
2. Operates various machine shop pieces of equipment including lathes, drill presses, saws, hand tools meters, gauges, micrometers and computers.
3. Programs PLCs for the die cast machines and trim press operations as well as electronic, electrical and mechanical troubleshooting.
4. Provides support to die maintenance and machine shop work areas.
5. Communicates to supervisor and/or other shift leaders to ensure continuity of ongoing projects, repairs, and maintenance.
6. Performs all functions in accordance with company safety procedures and with OSHA requirements.
7. Contributes to and supports the existence of a positive work environment through personal involvement by communicating, interacting and behaving in a manner that promotes productive relationships with coworkers, supervisors, customers, and others with whom such relationships are important to the success of company operations.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: High School/GED and 3-5 years related experience.
Certificate from technical/trade school or relevant work experience to qualify for industrial “journeyman” status in the electrical, electronic, or mechanical fields. Must pass BMCT testing.
Preferred: 2+ years working with Makino. Experience working in the die casting industry.