Tool Room Team Leader (LMP - NEW FACILITY!)
Location: LMP - Mexico, MO 65265
This opening will be for our BRAND NEW FACILITY in Mexico, MO!!!
Leads and performs the activities of the Tool Room and Die Service/Build Up which includes, builds, modifications, repairs, purchasing and vendor functions, scheduling, and preventive maintenance. Works with design, engineering and production staff to ensure adherence to quality, timelines, scheduling and safety requirements. Encompasses Spartan’s Core Operating Values in daily activities which contributes to the attainment of operational metrics/goals and strong team member relations.
1. Leads and schedules tool and die work. Coordinates activities with engineering and production staff to determine needs and priorities. Maintains tooling schedule for repairs. Establishes tool repair standards for time and labor. Makes recommendation of tool life based on repairs/cost to maintain tooling.
2. Performs die build up and teardown activities. Repairs die cavities by welding and cutting back to print standards. Evaluates and replaces die components as necessary. Operates crane, welder, towmotor, grinders, lathes, mills, etc.
3. Handles vendor outsourcing functions, including quotes, pricing, schedules, quality of work, etc. Ensures vendors receive accurate prints and documentation of contracted work. Maintains strong vendor relationships.
4. Maintains tooling work order system in ERP system. Tracks all tooling life and makes recommendations for tooling replacement schedule. Determines min/max tool component inventory levels for each program.
5. Participates in continuous improvement practices. Monitors production problems and creates counter measures. Recommends and develops new processes and procedures and initiates/participates in their implementation.
6. Maintains Tool Room Department equipment. Ensures proper care and maintenance of department equipment. Oversees all routine servicing of machines.
7. Ensures proper housekeeping and inventory of tools and materials. Develops and ensures safe practices are being followed related to tooling activities.
8. Serves on the plant leadership team. Establishes capital expenditures for tooling department.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
10. Manages team member performance by ensuring each team member understands their job roles, responsibilities, and expectations and by regularly providing feedback on performance. Holds team members accountable for following Spartan’s Core Operating Values.
11. Builds and maintains collaboration within team and between other teams in the company. Resolves conflicts between team members and with other teams.
12. Delegates work and empowers team members to accomplish daily tasks.
13. Acts as an expert resource to department staff and others in assisting them with questions and resolving problems and in providing department information on policies, practices and procedures.
14. Mentors, trains and provides direction to team members, equipping them with the knowledge and skills needed to successfully perform and grow in their jobs.
Required: High School Diploma/GED and 5+ years progressive tool room experience
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related degree, or Machine Shop Technology Certification and Tool and Die Journeyman’s car